RED Mountain Resort is currently accepting applications for 2 full-time seasonal Sales & Marketing Assistant/Snow Reporter for the 15/16-winter season. This full-time seasonal position would be 5 days per week, commencing December 12, 2015. Successful applicants will be expected to work holidays and weekends.
Responsibilities and duties
- Gather, verify, coordinate and dispense a variety of information to RED’s guests and staff.
- Gather weather, grooming data and operating schedules and record information on an automated answering system as well as a distribution system and update redresort.com snowreport.
- Competence with advanced computer skills, Internet savvy and email is required.
- Answer RED’s main telephone with a high degree of professionalism
- Must be highly knowledgeable on RED’s operations, events, and snow and weather conditions (training will be provided)
- Maintaining a professional and clean office space
- Willing and able to assist Sales & Marketing with various administrative, computer, and clerical tasks as required.
- The right person will possess a clear, confident public speaking voice; have proven writing and communication skills, as well as a natural, creative flair for delivering concise, accurate and descriptive voice messages.
- A sense of humor and animated personality any previous performing or role-playing would be beneficial.
- Some shifts begin promptly at 5:00 a.m. You must enjoy working early.
- Your work habits are exceptional: you are prompt, responsible, you have effective work management and problem solving skills, and you enjoy working alone and under pressure, as well as in a team setting.
- You also enjoy working with the public and can deal pleasantly with the pressures of a busy atmosphere.
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook in a Windows environment
- Experience with Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with designing one-off event posters, graphics, postcards, etc.
- Experience with basic layout for multi-page booklets, packets, etc.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor and remain focused in a very busy environment a must
- Bonus: Experience with HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver and/or WordPress
Wage rate: In accordance with the USWA collective agreement.
Please forward resume with covering letter, any portfolio work and links of any voice and video work to:
Red Mountain Resort
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
Closing date: November 20th, 2015