Bar Manager – Rafters
RED Resort has an exciting opportunity available for a Bar Manager at Rafters Lounge. This fast-paced position includes being responsible for all aspects of bar service, defining high standards of customer service, inventory control, labor management, staff training, security and strict adherence to the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Act. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Bar Manager to hone their skills in the tourism industry. You will thrive in a busy environment and like to have fun, while working hard.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- Manage expenses effectively and maximize revenue
- Have an upbeat and positive personality
- Be neat in appearance, punctual and reliable
- Be motivated, disciplined, adore working in a fast paced, demanding role and thrive on a challenge
- Have extensive bar management experience from public houses to lounges and night clubs
- Be skilled at carefully monitoring the atmosphere of Rafters (mood, music, lighting, television and staff) to insure guest comfort and maximum profitability
- Be adept at promoting the Red Resort & Rafters brand, have the ability to source, book and execute a variety of live music events.
Work hours are primarily, but not limited to afternoons and evenings.
This role requires a Grade 12 Education, with at least 3 years of serving experience, and 2 years of supervisory experience. Experience managing staff in a unionized environment is considered an asset. You must have a valid Serving it Right and Food Safe certificate, and be able to follow and train on COVID-19 protocols. The language of work is English, additional language skills are considered an asset.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Ivor Smith, Food & Beverage Director
4300 Red Mountain Road
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0