Junior Freeski Coach
RED Mountain Resort’s Fall Line: Ski & Snowboard School is currently seeking Junior Freeski Coaches for the 2021/22 season.
RED Mountain is located in Rossland, BC, along the famous “Powder Highway”. RED delivers 4,200 acres of pristine skiing unfettered by over-development. RED boasts 300” of annual snowfall, wide-open groomers, 2,919ft of vertical, in-bounds cat-skiing, 360 degree descents, a rich tradition, and the best tree runs in BC.
Our Freeski coaches will train with the Junior Freeski team for the duration of the season, attend competitions (up to 3 or more) and will help organize, liaise and give regular feedback to athletes and parents. The coaches will also be either a full-time or part-time employee of the Snowsports School and will teach our normal range of ski lessons when not with the Junior Freeski team.
A successful coaching candidate will hold these preferred qualifications and attributes:
- CSIA Level 2 or 3
- CSCF 1/CFSA 1/CSIA Snowpark an asset
- Competition & teaching experience
- Good organization skills
- Attention to detail and good communication skills
- High energy, passionate and motivated
Ski Instructors will also have the following qualities:
- Be polite, patient, understanding, and have a positive attitude
- Provide safe, fun lessons for clients of all ages and abilities
- Be enthusiastic and comfortable teaching children 3 years old +
- Meet minimum physical requirements including the ability to pick up students and manually assist them during lessons and chair lift loading/ unloading
- Be available on weekends
- Commit to all clubs and programs as assigned
Wages and Benefits:
Wages for instructors & coaches range depending on qualifications, plus very competitive commission for Private request lessons.
Benefits include a uniform, seasons pass, access to instructor training, discounts on food, beverage and retail, a reciprocal pass program with other mountain resorts, travel, lift and accommodation expenses during competitions and an equipment bonus.
How to Apply:
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews. All international applicants must include proof of a Canadian work permit valid through April of 2022.
- Include your name, qualification and Freeski Coach
e.g Mark Sims CSIA2 CSCF1 Freeski Coach
- Please copy and paste the following to the beginning of your cover letter/email:
Valid Work Permit (if required): Y/N
Seasons of Teaching Experience:
Years of Skiing Experience:
Available Start Date:
Available until Season Close (April 5th): Y/N
Your resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Fall Line Ski and Snowboard School