Mountain Bike Coach
RED Mountain Bike School is looking for passionate and experienced mountain bike coaches to join our team for a pilot kid’s bike camp beginning in August 2023.
The primary responsibility in this role will be to coach our NEW kid’s full day summer bike camps for two weeks in August. Additional work may be available.
As a mountain bike coach, you will provide a safe, engaging experience for the guests. You will spend the week guiding groups and developing riding skills in the vast trail network of Rossland, BC.
- Provide a positive, safe and engaging camp experience.
- Provide safety and risk management to the group.
- Greet all guests with excellent people skills.
- Develop riding skills of the rider(s).
- Provide relevant and appropriate group and individual riding feedback.
- Follow all safety and EAP (Emergency Action Plan) requirements.
- Bike set up when required for guests to enhance the riding experience.
- Maintain a safe environment for all guests.
- Demonstrate adaptability in teaching and guiding.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- PMBIA Level 2 preferred. PMBIA 1 as a minimum, or equivalent
- PMBIA Kids module is a considered an asset.
- Wilderness First Aid required, preferable 40 hour or more.
- Passion for the outdoor and cycling industry.
- Passion for teaching.
- Experience teaching kids.
- Strong knowledge of the Mountain Bike Industry.
- Strong communication and guest experience skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Teamwork and leadership.
- Instructing or coaching in other sports is considered an asset.
- NCCP certification is considered an asset.
Physical and Other Requirements:
- Must be physically able to perform duties relating to mountain bike coaching.
- Must be able to be on a bike for 6 hours a day.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Able to make quick decisions using good judgement and knowledge of the trail network.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com by June 30, 2023