Professional Ski Patrol
Red Mountain Resort is hiring part-time positions as Professional Ski Patrol. The successful applicants will be responsible for providing courteous and professional on-slope first aid to Red Mountain guests and staff, ensuring trail and run conditions are clearly marked and maintained for skier safety, and perform avalanche control when required.
- Administer on-slope first aid to injured guests and staff
- Coordinate the transportation of injured guests to base
- Continually monitor and report to Dispatch on trail and run conditions to endure skier safety
- Mark hazards as required
- Perform on-hill risk management assessments
- Participate in daily run openings, closures and sweeps
- Perform lift evacuations as required
- Perform avalanche control as required
- Perform search and rescue as required
- Follow all standard operating procedures, and safe work procedures as per Red Mountain policy
- A Patroller with CAA Level 2 Operations will be scheduled daily for weather observation duties and snow pack stability analysis
- Positive attitude
- Physically fit with good hygiene
- Provide a courteous attitude towards guests and fellow employees
- Demonstrate willingness to help out and to go beyond the routine duties of the position.
- Performs duties under stress and pressure
- Grade 12 education
- Solid knowledge of Red, Granite, Grey and Kirkup mountain terrain
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to provide a criminal record check for Explosives Use Screening Approval
- A valid WorkSafeBC Blasting Ticket would be considered an asset
- Must have a current NUOEC First Aid ticket with Advanced Protocols, or equivalent. OFA Level 3 is an asset. NUOEC is the preferred level of First Aid that Red Mountain Ski Patrol should aspire to attain.
- Must have a CAA Level 1 Operations Avalanche certification. CAA Level 2 would be considered an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrate competent skiing ability
- Must be able to ski all slopes in all conditions in a controlled and confident manner with a loaded toboggan while considering patient comfort and safety
- Must be able to competently load and unload a toboggan on all lifts
- Must be competent handling ropes during evacuations of lifts and rescues
- Must demonstrate competent snowmobiling skills
- Solid knowledge of backcountry skills
- Display proper use of radio protocol
- Must interact well within a team environment under pressure and in stressful situations
- Must be available to work early mornings, extended hours, holidays and weekends
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Wage rate: In accordance with the USW collective agreement.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Kim Winter, Patrol Director
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date: March 6, 2021 or until filled