Senior Freeski Coach
RED Mountain Resort’s Fall Line Ski & Snowboard School is currently seeking a Senior Freeski Coach for the 2022/23 season.
RED Mountain is located in Rossland, BC, along the famous “Powder Highway”. RED delivers 4,200 acres of pristine skiing unfettered by over-development. We boast 300” of annual snowfall, 2,919ft of vertical, in-bounds cat-skiing, 360 degree descents on two different mountains, a rich tradition, and the best tree runs in BC.
Your main role as coach will be to train the Senior Freeski team for the duration of the season every Saturday for 14 weekends. Technical skiing skills as well as big mountain training will be the aim of on snow days, with the goal to compete at a minimum of 3 IFSA competitions across BC. You will be required to coach the athletes at these competitions at various other resorts, spending multiple days with them on-snow, analyzing lines and preparing to compete. Coaches will also have the opportunity to lead dry land training which will occur 1-2 evenings midweek starting in October. These evenings will consist of gymnastics training and gym workouts, with a focus on team building. As the leader of the Senior Freeski Team, you will also be responsible for building great relationships with all athletes and their parents, using clear communication and regular feedback throughout the season. You will help lead the parent/athlete meeting at the start of the season alongside the Director of Snow School, and help assign parent volunteer hours throughout the winter.
You will report to the Director of Fall Line Ski & Snowboard School, and work with them to create a safe, fun and competitive program for the athletes.
A successful coaching candidate will hold these preferred qualifications and attributes:
- CSCF 1/CFSA 1/CSIA Snowpark essential
- IFSA competition experience essential
- CSIA Level 2 or 3 an asset
- Good communication and organization skills
- High energy, passionate and motivated
- Can carry out both technical and big mountain lessons with a focus on safety
- Have a professional, polite and positive attitude
- Meet minimum physical requirements including the ability to ski all day in challenging terrain, and work outdoors for long period of time, in various weather conditions
- Available for all 14 weekends throughout season, Winter Break for training camp, as well as evenings throughout October and November
- Must have own personal vehicle to attend dry land training and competitions across BC
This is a contracted, temporary seasonal position.
Start date: Sunday October 2, 2022
End Date: Saturday March 25, 2023
Time commitment: 4 hours midweek October & November
Saturdays December – March & December 27-29 Winter Break Training Camp
Wages & Benefits:
Wage for the Senior Freeski Coach will depend on level of certification and relevant experience.
Benefits include a discounted season’s pass, uniform, access to instructor training, and travel, lift & accommodation expenses covered during competitions.
How to Apply:
- In email subject line include your name, qualification and Freeski Coach
e.g Mark Sims CSIA2 CSCF1 Freeski Coach
- Please copy and paste the following to the beginning of your cover letter/email:
Valid Work Permit (if required): Y/N
Seasons of Teaching Experience:
Years of Skiing Experience:
Available Start Date:
Available until Season Close : Y/N
* International applicants must include proof of a Canadian work permit valid through April of 2023.
Your resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Director of Fall Line Ski and Snowboard School
Applications will be accepted until August 1, 2022.