Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Company: RED Mountain Resort
Location: RED Marketing Offices @ Rossland, BC (RED Base Lodge)
Title: Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Job Type: FT, seasonal / Nov 25 – Apr 8 (19 weeks)
Pay: TBD, Based on Experience
RED Mountain Resort is in search for a motivated and self-starter individual with wit and personality to match to take on the role as RED’s Social Media Marketing Coordinator. This position will be located in RED’s Marketing and Sales Office focused on managing the day-to-day needs of RED’s brand through multiple social channels. This position will report to RED’s Sales & Marketing Director.
Not only will this person be the voice of RED through our social channels, but they will also be responsible for keeping the online world up-to-date with everything RED; from events, snowfall conditions, PR updates, promoting our departments (Ski School, Rafters bar, Piste Off, Lodging, etc), new photos, videos, etc. while also taking on creative challenges brainstorming for weekly content creation, categorical posts, and fan engagement campaigns through RED’s social channels.
- CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- Daily oversight and management for the following RED social channels:
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Staff Facebook
- Manage, organize, and distribute visual content from RED’s photographers and videographers on a daily basis through all appropriate social channels
- Upload videos to and manage both YouTube & Facebook playlists
- Manage, update, and build out the RED Facebook Events Calendar for the season
- Build out a social media calendar for posts, social campaigns, events coverage, etc
- CONTENT CREATION
- Write copy for daily photo/video posts, and IG stories that visually highlight why RED and Rossland are one of the best places in North America
- Utilize IG stories on a daily basis to brainstorm and execute your own photo and video content as “a day in the life” at RED: behind the scenes, snowfall, departments, events, après, staff, the town, etc.
- Brainstorm and create concepts for potential social contests, categorical hashtag posts, fan-engagement driven pieces for Instagram, Facebook & IG Stories scheduled throughout the winter
- Create strategy for both event promotion & coverage and cover events both behind the scenes and during events in real-time for Instagram Stories and Fbook Live
- Stay up-to-date on new social media feature rollouts
- Research/follow competitors and other brands that are active in social.
- GUEST EXPERIENCE
- Represent the brand through exceptional customer assistance across all social channels in a quick, courteous, and friendly manner when reached out to by customers.
- Generate weekly reports on social media growth and analysis across all social channels
- OTHER BRAND CHANNELS
- This position also manages and oversees the day-to-day needs of the following RED sub-brands’ social channels (priority in current order):
- Nowhere Special: Facebook and Instagram
- Active management highlighting both RED and the new modern hostel throughout entire winter with daily posts and stories.
- Rafters Bar: Facebook and Instagram
- Semi-active management to promote Rafters bar throughout the week – all things Rafters!
- Legacy Training Centre: Facebook
- Keep the racing community up-to-date when RED hosts races, training, etc throughout the season.
- Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, highly motivated, and highly organized
- Sense of humour, sarcasm, and light-hearted personality to match RED’s brand voice
- Fantastic grammar, and excellent writing skills – be a clear and concise communicator
- Prior experience in a ski resort marketing setting a big plus
- Positive attitude and required to have a flexible schedule when needed for snowfall and event coverage. This will require working weekends.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the RED brand and the community of Rossland
- Excellent computer and mobile phone skills managing social media accounts.
- Knowledge and strong experience using the following social media platforms in a business/brand setting: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Good storytelling capabilities
- Experience with Hootsuite and/or Iconosquare or a similar social tracking program
- Photo Retouching skills a bonus
- Understanding of best practices to communicate and connect audiences to a brand through multiple channels while properly optimizing those channels from a brand perspective.
- Knowledge of latest online trends
- Knowledge of the ski/snowboard industry and their online presences
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency status or an already obtained work permit.
- RED season pass, access to events, comped tickets for guests
- See your work from concept to completion published to a large public audience (great for portfolio building)
- Flexibility for creativity, humour, new techniques, and strategies encouraged
- Work at and shred at one of the best ski resorts in Canada
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social handles are encouraged, but not required.