Summer Student – Guest Services Agent/Housekeeping
Reports to: Lodging Manager
Start Date: May 1, 2021
The Summer Student is responsible for the daily functions of the front desk/reception, including taking reservations, check-in and check-out of condo/guest home guests, concierge services, daily condo/room revenues, answering the reservations/front desk telephone lines and providing general resort information. The position will include housekeeping. The housekeeping department is a critical piece of the operation to ensure the units are presented in pristine condition for the guests.
Who Are We
RED Mountain Resort Lodging is the primary rental management company for a collection of luxury vacation homes and condominiums in Rossland, BC, at the base of RED Mountain, a ski and summer resort area. The front desk/reception operation serves as a focal point for many of the on-mountain daily and social activities as a result of our new concierge service. A Guest Service Agent is a representative of Rossland and RED and is often the first contact with the area.
What We Do
RED Mountain Resort Lodging works to be the premier provider of luxury accommodations in Rossland, as well as offering exciting four-season recreation activities located at our doorstep. We strive to be the first-choice vacation provider in Rossland and the West Kootenays, offering and maintaining high quality accommodations, superior guest services and expanding our seasons of operations and recreational activities.
The Guest Services Agent’s main area of responsibility can be condensed as the function that follows through a reservation from start to finish. This includes the initial making of the reservation, gathering the deposit, the check-in, receiving full payment and checkout of the guest. Additionally, the Guest Services Agent’s responsibilities also include the daily working of the front desk/reception area, special requests, providing resort information, processing room revenue and room charges, answering the reservations and front end phone and general office duties. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to comply with safety and privacy standards.
The Housekeepers main area of responsibility can be condensed as the behind-the-scenes function that seamlessly creates a backdrop for an impeccable experience at RED. This position is instrumental in maintaining a strong attention to detail both in cleaning and maintenance issues which arise. The Housekeeping staff interacts closely with guest services and maintenance.
This is an excellent position for someone who is eager to gain experience, in the hospitality and hotel industry. A full understanding of all aspects of the industry will be gained through practical hands-on experience.
Internally: The front desk interacts closely with housekeeping, maintenance, and other RED departments
Externally: The front desk deals with Travel Agents, Wholesalers, RED Reservations, Tour Companies, the Snow Sports, On-mountain Entertainment Vendors, RED Mountain Resort Guest Services and the Lift Ticket Office.
Duties in Detail:
- Primary contact for guests
- Meet guests upon arrival
- Concierge service – arrange on mountain services for guest
- Parking layout/assignment, insure cars are kept in garage or designated area
- Have each guest sign damage waiver
- Expedite reservations and bookings
- Have separate system of files (hard copy) to incorporate quotes for bookings not complete,
- Process payments, set up reminders for future payments and ensuring accuracy for a details including check in/out dates and lift tickets
- Handle all incoming inquiries including making VING keys
- Troubleshoot daily operations
- guest inquiries/problem solving
- ensure snow removal is done and parking bays are cleared
- arrange minor maintenance/repairs to keep units functional
- Ensure clear lines of communication exist with head housekeeper and housekeeping staff. Notifying the head housekeeper of any last-minute changes to arrivals and departures
- In conjunction with Head Housekeeper, ensure all units are inspected after every checkout for damage, required maintenance and check inventory of units to insure all furnishings intact
- Monitor and evenly distribute rental bookings between each unit where possible
- Ensuring the security of each unit and its occupants is of utmost importance
- Cleaning to meet the high standards of our guests
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work shift work evenings and weekends
- Previous Front Desk or Clerical Experience an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work shift work
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Roommaster or other accommodation booking software
- Basic accounting skills an asset
- Must be able to lift 35lbs
- Previous hotel or hospitality experience is an asset
- Must be a full-time student
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by closing date of April 23, 2021.