Fall Line Assistant Director
RED Mountain Resort’s Fall Line Ski & Snowboard School is currently seeking an Assistant Director for the 2020/21 season.
RED Mountain is located in Rossland, BC, along the famous "Powder Highway". RED delivers 4,200 acres of pristine skiing unfettered by over-development. RED boasts 300” of annual snowfall, wide-open groomers, 2,919ft of vertical, in-bounds cat-skiing, 360 degree descents, a rich tradition, and the best tree runs in BC.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Director works closely with the Director in supervising the daily programs of the Ski & Snowboard School and Adventure Centre. This position is necessary for running an efficient, organized and profitable department. The Program Supervisor is the liaison between staff, clients, local schools and community groups.
The Assistant Director is responsible for maintaining relevant standards and policies within the ski and snowboard, and leisure industry. They will assist with training front desk staff in daily operations, reservations and communications with guests, in addition to carrying out these duties themselves.
The Assistant Director is responsible for helping to design, develop and organize programs within the Ski & Snowboard School and Adventure Centre, including, but not limited to; Lessons, Avalanche Courses, Instructor Training Courses, weekly clubs and camps, and summer activities.
They will liaise with local district schools and youth groups in organizing and implementing single and multi-day excursions throughout the season.
Qualifications & Experience
Successful candidates will hold the following experience and assets:
- Be polite, patient, understanding and have a positive attitude
- Experience working as a ski/snowboard program Instructor essential
- Experience in Customer Service
- Meet minimum physical requirements including the ability to train and teach as required
- Experience in the Snowsports industry, sales and marketing, staff training and development
- Computer Skills: Ability to use Word, Excel and email
- Responsible, hard working and high attention to detail
- Experience with group management
- Languages: English (additional languages are an asset)
- Hold CASI, CSIA or equivalent qualifications (Level 2 or above an asset)
- Higher Education or certificates in recreation, sports or fitness
This is a full-time, temporary seasonal position.
Wages and Benefits
The starting wage for this position is $19.00 per hour. You will be paid a salary based on a 40 hour work week and you will be expected to contribute sufficient time to RED to fully perform your duties and responsibilities. Additional benefits include a uniform, seasons pass, discounts on food, beverage and retail, a reciprocal pass program with other mountain resorts, and overtime as per BC employment standards.
How to Apply:
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Your resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Fall Line: Ski & Snowboard School Director