Chef/Food & Beverage Manager
Department: Food & Beverage Department
Position type: Full-time, Seasonal
Reports to: Director, Food & Beverage
Positions supervised: Bar Manager, Food & Beverage Employees
The Chef/Food & Beverage Manager at RED oversees and is intrinsically involved in all day-to-day aspects of the Food and Beverage team including menu development, execution, menu costing, training, quality control, scheduling, expediting and coaching. Additional tasks include labor management and cash handling. This position will be heavily involved in ensuring COVID protocol and procedures are implemented and adhered to, and will train all Food and Beverage staff on these procedures. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and evenings.
- Assume responsibility for food production and service with an eye on quality and efficiency.
- Recruitment and hiring for F&B staff
- Provide direction, motivation, training and coaching to all F&B staff.
- Train staff and ensure compliance with all COVID related protocol and procedures.
- Ensure that all Food Safe handling procedures are followed.
- Ensure all LCLB legislation is followed in the Bar Manager’s absence
- Assist in food preparation and cooking when required.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen and related F & B areas clean and organized, including the freezers, coolers and dry storage.
- Assist in frontline service as required.
- Inventory control in conjunction with stock person.
- Creation of special menus and catering.
- Cash handling.
- Maintaining open lines of communication
- Scheduling with an eye to managing labor levels.
- Ensure staff appearance is consistent with company expectations as expressed in job descriptions and employee handbook.
- Ensure staff demeanor is positive, attentive with a focus on guest service, cleanliness, with an overall view of a positive guest experience at RED.
- Diploma in Culinary Management and certification as a Professional Cook are preferred
- At least 3 years’ cooking experience in a high-volume environment
- Must have at least 2 years supervisory experience
- Front of house experience is required
- Must be able to effectively train and mentor other kitchen staff
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Must have a Food Safe and Serve it Right Certifications
Skills & Abilities:
- Must meet the minimum physical requirements below:
- Able to lift 12 kg overhead
- Able to work on your feet for long period of time
- Able to carry stock up several flights of stairs if business levels require it
- Must have exceptional work habits, including being prompt and responsible
- Exceptional customer service and cooking skills, including understanding and anticipating the needs of customers
- Outgoing personality and high standards of quality
- Enjoy working with the public and can deal pleasantly with the pressure of a busy environment
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Ivor Smith, Food & Beverage Director
4300 Red Mountain Road
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
Closing date: September 25, 2020