Guest Services Agent – Lodging
Red Mountain Resort Lodging is hiring for a full-time Guest Services Agent for the 2019/20 ski season. This position will be responsible for the daily functions of the front desk/reception, including taking reservations, check-in and check-out of condo/guest home guests, concierge services, daily condo/room revenues, answering the reservations/front desk telephone lines and providing general resort information.
Who we are
RED Mountain Resort Lodging is the primary rental management company for a collection of luxury vacation homes and condominiums in Rossland, BC, at the base of RED Mountain, a ski and summer resort area. The front desk/reception operation serves as a focal point for many of the on-mountain daily and social activities as a result of our new concierge service. A Guest Service Agent is a representative of Rossland and RED and is often the first contact with the area.
What we do
RED Mountain Resort Lodging works to be the premier provider of luxury accommodations in Rossland, as well as offering exciting four-season recreation activities located at our doorstep. We strive to be the first-choice vacation provider in Rossland and the West Kootenays, offering and maintaining high quality accommodations, superior guest services and expanding our seasons of operations and recreational activities.
The Guest Services Agent’s main area of responsibility can be condensed as the function that follows through a reservation from start to finish. This includes the initial making of the reservation, gathering the deposit, the check-in, receiving full payment and checkout of the guest. Additionally, the Guest Services Agent’s responsibilities also include the daily working of the front desk/reception area, special requests, providing resort information, processing room revenue and room charges, answering the reservations and front-end phone and general office duties. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to comply with safety and privacy standards.
Internally: The front desk interacts closely with housekeeping, maintenance, and other RED departments
Duties in Detail
- Primary contact for guests
- Meet guests upon arrival
- Concierge service – arrange on mountain services for guests
- Snow Sports/Get Lost
- Lift tickets/trail maps
- Grocery orders
- Parking layout/assignment, insure cars are kept in garage or designated area
- Have each guest sign damage waiver
- Expedite reservations and bookings
- Have separate system of files (hard copy) to incorporate quotes for bookings not complete,
- Process payments, set up reminders for future payments and ensuring accuracy for detail including check in/out dates and lift tickets
- Handle all incoming inquiries including making VING keys
- Troubleshoot daily operations guest inquiries/problem solving
- ensure snow removal is done and parking bays are cleared
- arrange minor maintenance/repairs to keep units functional
- Ensure clear lines of communication exist with head housekeeper and housekeeping staff. Notifying
- the head housekeeper of any last-minute changes to arrivals and departures
- In conjunction with Head Housekeeper, ensure all units are inspected after every checkout for
- damage, required maintenance and check inventory of units to insure all furnishings intact
- Monitor and evenly distribute rental bookings between each unit where possible
- Ensuring the security of each unit and its occupants is of utmost importance
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work shift work evenings and weekends
- Previous Front Desk or Clerical Experience an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work shift work
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Roomaster or other accommodation booking software
- Basic accounting skills an asset
Our Code of Conduct
All employees of RED Mountain Resort are expected to adhere to the highest ethical standards in the
performance of their duties, to foster an environment of integrity, respect and trust and to preserve and
enhance RED’s reputation.
The value of integrity, honesty, fairness and respect are essential to create and maintain a workplace
that is characterized by civility, professionalism, tolerance, dignity, and freedom from discrimination or
How to apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to Jane Paterson, Director of Lodging at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.