Red Mountain Resort is now accepting applications for the position of Lift Host.
Responsible for safe and efficient lift operation at Red Mountain Resort, as well as providing guests with courteous and friendly service.
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to):
- Maintain a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with guests, the lift crew and other mountain staff.
- Adhere to all operational and safety procedures, ensuring safe efficient operation of the lifts.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all operational aspects of lifts including safety, ramps, mazes, tools and signs.
- Maintain high house keeping standards including tool storage, load/unload areas; lift huts and snow/ice removal at lifts and guest areas.
- Continually remains aware of the mechanical lift and the guest.
- Carries out all responsibilities with the highest level of professionalism.
- To perform all tasks as assigned by the Lift Operations Manager/Lead Hand.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications (including but not limited to)
- Must possess excellent employee and public relation skills and be of a naturally friendly and cooperative nature.
- Must be mature, energetic, adaptable and dependable with the ability to take initiative and work unsupervised.
- Must be able to reason and react with quick thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have a strong command of English, both written and spoken.
- Must be in good physical condition and well groomed.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must successfully complete the required training and lift examinations.
- Must be able to work outdoors and maintain high service standards during inclement weather conditions.
- Must have a telephone.
- Additional language skills are an asset.
Shift: Full and part time including weekends and holidays.
Wages: Based on USWA collective bargaining agreement
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Please send resume or applications to:
Red Mountain Resort
Box 670, Rossland, B.C. V0G 1Y0
Attention: Shannon Bull
Please, no phone calls.
Closing date for applications is October 31, 2019
c.c.: USWA Local 9705