IT Support (Part-time)
RED Resort is looking for part-time IT support. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and the workload requirements will vary week to week. You must be available on-call and at short notice for urgent support requests. The IT Support person will be responsible for supporting all staff at RED with their IT support requirements. This includes support with computer hardware, software, laptops, mobile devices, phones, printers, copiers, and specialized computer systems. The successful candidate will have a wide range of general IT knowledge, excellent troubleshooting abilities, and ability to liaise effectively with IT consultants and staff.
- Installing and configuring new technology to be used by the computer, such as hardware, operating systems, and programs or applications.
- Acting as primary liaison with DHC Communications.
- Providing regular maintenance to existing hardware and computer systems/
- Providing assistance to staff with technology-related issues:
- Understanding the issue and its cause;
- Solving the problem; and
- Explaining the problem to staff
- Troubleshooting systems and applications:
- Running diagnostics on malfunctioning hardware or software
- Finding solutions and implementing them to resolve issues
- Replacing damaged or malfunction parts as required.
- Ordering new equipment when required, in conjunction with the Maintenance Manager.
- Implementing and assisting on the roll-out of new applications or operating systems.
- Setting up profiles, email accounts and assisting in all password related issues.
- Running security checks on all systems.
- Grade 12 Education. Post secondary education in the field of computer science would be considered an asset
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be available on an as needed basis. Work schedule and times will vary week to week
- Must have strong decision-making skills under pressure, and be able to relay clear, concise, and accurate information to all departments
- Demonstrated ability to deal with individuals and situations that may be stressful or demanding in order to resolve problems, clarify issues and provide efficient service.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and organize a workload
- Well versed in all administrative tasks such as reporting
- Proficient and experienced using all Microsoft office programs including Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction and supervision
- Able to effective build and maintain working relationships with all other staff members
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Allan LePage
Box 670, Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
Email: email@example.com Closing date: February 10, 2020