Full Time Front Desk Manager & Group Coordinator Winter 23/24
The Guest Services & Group Coordinator is responsible for overseeing daily functions of the front desk/reception, including taking reservations, check-in and check-out of condo guests, concierge services, daily condo/room revenues, answering the reservations/front desk telephone lines and providing general resort information. This is an exciting growth position which will incorporate Group Coordinator duties in both Winter and Summer.
Who Are We
RED Mountain Resort Lodging is the primary rental management company for a collection of luxury vacation homes and condominiums in Rossland, BC, at the base of RED Mountain, a ski and summer resort area. The front desk/reception operation serves as a focal point for many of the on-mountain daily and social activities. The Guest Services is a representative of Rossland and RED and it is imperative they have a keen interesting i hospitality as they are often the first contact with the area.
What We Do
RED Mountain Resort Lodging works to be the premier provider of a variety of accommodations from luxury to adventure lift access. RED Resort offers exciting four season recreation activities located at our doorstep. We strive to be the first choice vacation provider in Rossland and the West Kootenays, offering and maintaining high quality accommodations, superior guest services and expanding our seasons of operations and recreational activities.
The Front Desk Manager & Group Coordinator’s main area of responsibility can be condensed as overseeing the training of employees and ultimately the smooth operation of the reservation from start to finish. This includes the initial making of the reservation, gathering the deposit, the check-in, receiving full payment and checkout of the guest .Additionally, as Group Coordinator you will be the main point of contact and host upon the groups arrival to ensure they have the most memorable experience possible. As the Front Desk Manager & Group Coordinator you will be comfortable working the front desk/reception area, assisting with special requests, providing resort information, processing room revenue and room charges, answering the reservations and front end phone and general office duties. Confidentiality is of utmost importance to comply with safety and privacy standards.
Duties in Detail:
- Training Front Desk staff as the primary contact for guests
- Meet guests upon arrival
- Expedite reservations and bookings
- Clear communication with guests when giving quotes, process payments, set up reminders for future payments and ensuring accuracy for a details including check in/out dates and lift tickets
- Handle all incoming inquiries including making VING keys
- Troubleshoot daily operations
- guest inquiries/problem solving
- ensure snow removal is done and parking bays are cleared
- arrange minor maintenance/repairs to keep units functional
- Insure clear lines of communication exist with head housekeeper and housekeeping staff. Notifying the head housekeeper of any last minute changes to arrivals and departures
- In conjunction with Head Housekeeper, insure all units are inspected after every checkout for damage, required maintenance and check inventory of units to insure all furnishings intact
- Monitor and evenly distribute rental bookings between each unit where possible
- Ensuring the security of each unit and its occupants is of utmost importance
- Assisting with reservation software maintenance
- Work with Group leaders and wholesalers in planning their group trips to RED
- Coordination of après activities and transport
- Hosting the group during their stay at RED, F&B, activities, etc.
- Working with RED’s Food & Beverage department to establish the Groups menu
- Liaise with various departments (Lodging, F&B, Rental Shop, Ski School, etc.) and book any necessary facilities to ensure all Groups’ experiences exceed expectations
- Organise and Host Group Orientation Welcome Receptions
- Updates of Group Arrival Documents to distribute to RED departments internally
- Following up w/ group leader post-trip and create timely post-trip reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work shift work evenings and weekends
- Previous Front Desk or Clerical Experience an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work shift work evenings and weekends
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Roommaster or other accommodation booking software
- Basic accounting skills an asset
- Must work well in a team environment or alone
- Outgoing personality is an asset
Our Code of conduct
All employees of RED Mountain Resort are expected to adhere to the highest ethical standards in the performance of their duties, to foster an environment of integrity, respect and trust and to preserve and enhance RED’s reputation.
The value of integrity, honesty, fairness and respect are essential to create and maintain a workplace that is characteriz
How To Apply
Email resume to email@example.com, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.