Housekeeping/Guest Services Agent
Do you have a passion for being part of a dynamic team of difference makers? RED Mountain is experiencing significant on mountain and base area development. We are seeking a leader to add to our team. With over 300 seasonal employees and 24-year-round employees RED Mountain is realising growth in our ski operations, lodging and real estate development.
About RED Mountain
Located at the tip of the Monashee Mountain range at Rossland British Columbia, RED is an iconic big mountain resort. The mountain is a skier’s paradise and beloved by a loyal following of outdoor enthusiasts. RED is blessed with an impressive 3,000 foot vertical and long consistent fall line skiing on four mountains. In addition, RED has approximately 1,500 skiable acres for future development. Tree skiing is a significant draw for many RED enthusiasts and the spacing of trees, glades and meadows has been the core of RED’s reputation since the ski pioneers first skinned up Grey Mountain.
In addition to winter activities, RED has abundant spring, summer and fall activities catering to locals and visitors who enjoy the beautiful scenery, hiking, biking, fly fishing, golf, boating and relaxing in the mountain air. For the hiking and mountain bike enthusiast RED and Rossland are home to an extensive trail network in excess of 170 kilometers of enticing trail options. The 31-kilometre 7 Summits trail is an International Mountain Biking Association – EPIC trail that is world renowned.
The Nowhere Special Hostel is a modern 90-pillow hostel located at the base of the RED Mountain Resort. The hostel is within a two-minute walk to the Day Lodge, Conference Centre, Chair Lifts, Rafters Bar and The Josie Hotel.
The Guest Services Agent is responsible for the daily functions of the front desk/reception, check in and check-out of hostel guests, concierge services and providing general resort information. The Guest Services Agent will also be required to assist with maintaining and cleaning the common spaces of the hostel,performing housekeeping on room change-overs, folding laundry, and snow removal as necessary. The Guest Services Agent reports directly to the RMRL Director and Head Housekeeper.
- Creating a positive relationship with guests with a friendly, approachable manner
- Meet each guest upon arrival making them feel welcome the moment they arrive
- Promptly check in reservations and ensure each guest have all the information they need for a comfortable stay
- Knowledge of all services and attractions which will enhance a guests stay
- Guest inquiries and problem solving
- Ensuring pathways are clear of snow and ice, and that parking bays are cleared
- Arrange minor maintenance/ repairs to ensure hostel is kept in an orderly manner
- Ensure clear lines of communication exist with the Head Housekeeper, Housekeeping staff, as well as the Director of Lodging.
- Maintaining a physical presence throughout the hostel and the grounds by performing regular checks of the property, and cleaning common areas regularly
- Promptly responding to any safety or security issues based on Nowhere Special SOP’s
- Performing housekeeping duties as outlined on a cleaning checklist to ensure the hostel common area and kitchen are tidy, safe and sanitary and rooms are ready for check-in
- Adhering to health and safety regulations
- Assisting with New Hire training when necessary
- Assisting with snow removal when needed
- Performing other duties as required
- Must be available to work shift work evenings and weekends
- Sincere interest in the guest’s enjoyment of RED
- A sincere and confident attitude when interacting with guests
- Previous Front Desk or Clerical experience as asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to cope with stressful situation and resolve conflict calmly and professionally
- Ability to identify the needs of guests and interact in a professional manner
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to lift and carry 35lbs
- Must be available evenings and weekends
- Must have previous customer service experience
- Previous hostel and or hospitality tourism experience an asset
- Previous housekeeping experience an asset
How To Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.