Housekeeping Supervisor Winter 23/24
The Housekeeping supervisor is responsible for ensuring the daily functions of the housekeeping department are being completed, this position also includes training new staff to the exceeded expectations, checking units at check out for damage, checking cleans and warming condos for arrivals, reporting to the Head Housekeeper any supplies needed for housekeepers to perform their duties properly, ensuring all damage or maintenance issues are reported to the Head Housekeeper. The Housekeeping Supervisor performs housekeeping duties and hot tub maintenance as needed.
Who Are We
RED Property Management Ltd. is the primary rental management company for a collection of luxury vacation homes and condominiums as well as Nowehere Special Hostel and backcountry cabins and clubhouse all located in Rossland, BC, at the base of Red Resort, a ski and summer resort area. The housekeeping department is a critical piece of the operation to ensure the units are presented in pristine condition for the guests.
What We Do
RED Property Management Ltd. works to be the premier provider of luxury accommodations in Rossland, as well as offering exciting four season recreation activities located at our doorstep. We strive to be the first choice vacation provider in Rossland and the West Kootenays, offering and maintaining high quality accommodations, superior guest services and expanding our seasons of operations and recreational activities.
The Housekeeping Supervisor’s main area of responsibility can be condensed as the behind the scenes function that seamlessly creates a backdrop for an impeccable experience at RED. This position is instrumental in maintaining a strong attention to detail both in cleaning and maintenance issues which arise.
Internally: The Housekeeping Supervisor interacts closely with Head Housekeeper.
Duties In Detail:
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and maintenance in all our locations including:
- Nowhere Special Hostel
- Luxury homes and condos throughout the base area
- Constella Cabins located in the Paradise Basin
- Cleaning luxury accommodation to meet the high standards of our guests and assisting the housekeeping team with making tight deadlines.
- Work independently and manage time to meet tight deadlines
- Ensuring all items in the units are functional and in good condition
- Reporting any maintenance/repairs in units to Head Housekeeper
- Must comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines and COVID-19 protocols
- Inspecting daily cleans to ensure they meet the standards of RMRL
- Motivating housekeeping staff to perform to the best of their abilities
- Ensuring staff report in a timely fashion
- Reporting any disciplinary issues to the Head Housekeeper
- Ensuring adequate stock levels for unit supplies and amenities, report depleting stock/amenities to Head Housekeeper
- Ensure clear lines of communication exist with Head Housekeeper to keep engaged on any last minute changes to the arrivals
- Must be able to work on their feet 8 hours a day in a physically demanding job
- Must be available to work weekends and busy booking periods
- Must be qualified to ski blue runs
- Must be able to work alone
- Able to lift a minimum of 35lb
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Personal pride in work
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous management experience
- Previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Knowledge of RoomMaster is an asset
Our Code of conduct
All employees of RED Mountain Resort are expected to adhere to the highest ethical standards in the performance of their duties, to foster an environment of integrity, respect and trust and to preserve and enhance RED’s reputation
The value of integrity, honesty, fairness and respect are essential to create and maintain a workplace that is characterized by civility, professionalism, tolerance, dignity, and freedom from discrimination or harassment.
Check us out!
- Lodging Department: https://www.redreservations.com/properties/
- Resort Website: https://www.redresort.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/redresort/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redresort/
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.