On Mountain Food & Beverage Supervisor
Department: Food & Beverage
Position Type: Full Time, Seasonal, November – April
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager, Director of Food & Beverage
Supervises: Paradise Lodge, Constella Clubhouse, Flyin’ Phil’s Hangout
The On Mountain Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of Paradise Lodge, Constella Clubhouse and Flyin’ Phil’s Hangout. This includes all areas of food and beverage supervision including managing staff, ensuring a high level of customer service, managing delivery and inventory logistics, meeting all regulatory requirements, monitoring the cleanliness and atmosphere of the venues and effectively managing expenses while maximizing revenue.
The successful candidate will be upbeat, positive, motivated, disciplined, adore working in a fast paced, demanding role and thrive on a challenge. In addition, the candidate will have extensive Food and Beverage experience, specifically kitchen, barista and bar venues and will be a proficient skier/boarder. Work hours are primarily, but not limited to mornings, afternoon and early evenings.
- Assume responsibility for all on mountain F&B service with an eye on quality and consistency
- Skilled at motivating staff, and provide training and coaching to ensure the highest level of service, quality and training standards are met
- Ensure terms of collective bargaining agreement are met while managing staff
- Ensure that all “Serving it Right” and BC Liquor Law procedures are followed and foster a safe working environment
- Adhere to Interior Health food safety requirements including food safety plans
- Assist in food and beverage preparation and service and in frontline service when necessary
- Ensure the front and back of house areas are clean, tidy and organized, including storage space and coolers
- Perform inventory control and ensure accurate cash handling, balancing of floats and cash
- Assist in opening and/or closing duties, ensuring all duties are complete
- Plan, promote and execute special events with the highest level of professionalism, often in collaboration with RED’s Events Manager
- Ensure uniform requirements are met, department is professional and consistent with deportment and demeanor requirements
- Ensure all equipment is clean, functional and maintained with strong working knowledge of its safe use
- Ensure building maintenance issues are conveyed directly to Director of Food and Beverage, Food and Beverage Manager and Building Maintenance Manager in a timely manner
- Grade 12 Education
- Kitchen and front of house experience, minimum 3 years as well as supervisory experience
- Experience managing in a unionized environment would be considered an asset
- Must have a Serving It Right Certificate
- Must have effective knowledge of inventory control, digital POS and cash handling
Skills & Abilities
- Must meet the minimum physical requirements below:
- Able to lift 12 kg overhead
- Able to carry stock up several flights of stairs if business levels require it
- Must be proficient in computer use, including Word, Excel, and Outlook in a Windows environment
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and efficiently
- Must be a strong communicator and able to foster team spirit
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to maintain friendly, professional attitude in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task with a strong attention to detail
- Up to date knowledge of current trends in the beverage industry
- Must be able to ski or ride at an above average ability
Working at RED – your perks include:
- An awesome team and fantastic co-workers!
- A competitive starting wage to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- A RED ski pass.
- Discounts on everything RED has to offer from Food & Beverage, rentals, retail, lessons, daycare and more!
- Reciprocal deals at other great resorts to ski on your days off.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Please forward resume with covering letter to:
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Ivor Smith, Food & Beverage Director
Closing date: July 1, 2023