Ski/Snowboard Instructor – Full-time
Fall Line Ski & Snowboard School is currently seeking Full Time Ski and Snowboard Instructors for the 2023/2024 season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Fall Line Instructor, you will be responsible for providing safe, fun and professional lessons for clients of all ages and abilities. Lessons will include School Groups, Weekend Clubs, Holiday Camps & Private lessons.
Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Check in/out with Lead Hand on duty
- Relaying client feedback/changes in ability to Lead Hand
- Attending morning meetings and training sessions
- Arriving in a timely manner for your daily lesson, ready to teach
- Conducting safe, fun and technical lessons to all ages and abilities
- Managing splits in ability levels and a variety of group dynamics
- Debriefing clients/parents in a positive and professional manner
A successful candidate must:
- Be flexible and prepared to work 5 days a week including weekends (your shift may change from week to week)
- Be polite, patient, understanding, and have a positive attitude
- Be enthusiastic and comfortable teaching children 3 years old +
- Meet minimum physical requirements including the ability to pick up students and manually assist them during lessons and chair lift loading/unloading
- Have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Commit to all multi-week clubs and programs as assigned
- Hold CASI, CSIA or equivalent qualifications
- Dual certifications in ski and snowboarding an asset
- Park certification an asset
- CADs certification an asset
Wages and Benefits:
Wages for Instructors start from $17.35 and increase depending on qualifications, plus 25% commission for Private request lessons.
Benefits include a season’s pass, instructor training, discounts on food, beverage and retail, a reciprocal pass program with other mountain resorts, a dual certification bonus and an equipment bonus.
How to Apply:
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews. All international applicants must include proof of a Canadian work permit valid through April of 2024.
- Include your name, qualification and job title you are applying for.
e.g First Name, Last Name, CASI3, CSIA 1 – Full Time Instructor
- Please copy and paste the following to the beginning of your cover letter/email:
Valid Work Permit (if required): Y/N
Seasons of Teaching Experience:
Years of Skiing/Snowboarding Experience:
Available Start Date:
Available until Season Close: Y/N
Your resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Fall Line Ski and Snowboard School