RED Mountain Resort is currently accepting applications for two part-time seasonal Snow Reporter positions for the 2021/22 winter season. These two part-time seasonal positions would be alternating between 3 and 4 days per week (12-16h/week), commencing on December 11, 2021. Successful applicants will be expected to work holidays and weekends. Training will start on approximately December 6, 2021.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Gather, verify, coordinate and dispense a variety of information to RED’s guests and staff
- Gather weather, grooming data and operating schedules and record information on an automated answering system as well as a distribution system and update redresort.com snow report
- Shifts begin promptly at 5:00 am – You must enjoy working early. Your shift will end at 9:00 am, just in time to go out and shred the mountain!
- Must be highly knowledgeable on RED’s operations, events, snow and weather conditions (training will be provided)
- Excellent command of the English language – written and spoken
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook in a Windows environment
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Ability to maintain a friendly and professional demeanor and remain focused in a very busy environment
- The right person will possess a clear, confident public speaking voice; have proven writing and communication skills, as well as a natural, creative flair for delivering concise, accurate and descriptive voice messages
- The successful applicant will work with the Social Media Coordinator to plan, script and perform daily live snow reports that will be posted to RED’s social channels.
- A sense of humor, an animated personality and any previous performing or role-playing would be beneficial
Wage rate: In accordance with the USWA collective agreement.
Please forward resume with covering letter, and links of any voice and video work to:
Red Mountain Resort
Rossland, BC V0G 1Y0
Closing date: November 22nd, 2020