Snow School Lead Hand
Fall Line Ski & Snowboard School is currently seeking Full Time Lead Hand Positions for the 2023/2024 season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lead Hand will be the main liaison between the Assistant Director and the Instructors working on snow. Their main role is to organize and coordinate daily lessons, school groups, weekend clubs & holiday camps before and during their visits. This means working closely with the Assistant Director in order to prepare and manage all types of lessons.
Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Outdoor Set-up
- Product knowledge; have adequate knowledge on the products we offer
- Managing daily lessons; assigning lessons to the correct instructors, shuffling lessons to maximize efficiency/instructor availability and distributing class cards to instructors
- Coordinating schools with the Assistant Director; confirming school numbers, inputting lessons and assisting on the daily school visits with class organization
- Coordinating weekend clubs; check in students, assist with group splits, update spreadsheets & booking system with changes as they occur, organize end of club games
- Assist with marketing plans & budgeting
- Assist Front Desk in daily operations
- Conduct lessons as and when required
- Staff Emails; Send evening staff emails at 4pm to all staff advising them of their start time
- Perform daily cash outs and reconciliations
Qualifications & Experience:
- Hold Level 2 CSIA, CASI or equivalent qualifications
- Dual certification an asset
- Minimum 2 years experience instructing
- Guest services or administrative background required
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Experience teaching at Fall Line Ski & Snowboard School an asset
A successful candidate must:
- Be extremely organized and have excellent communication skills
- Be personable and comfortable speaking with both staff (management and front-line) and guests of all ages
- Have problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to unexpected changes
- Be flexible and prepared to work 5 days a week
- Be polite, patient, understanding, and have a positive attitude
- Provide safe, fun lessons for guests of all ages and abilities
- Be enthusiastic and comfortable teaching children 3 years old +
- Meet minimum physical requirements including the ability to pick up students and manually assist them during lessons, chair lift loading/unloading & erecting fences
- Have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions
Wages and Benefits:
The wage for a Fall Line Lead Hand is Level 2 wage ($20.59/hr) plus $1.50 when on duty. When teaching lessons, you will be paid your instructor wage, which will range depending on your qualifications.
Benefits include a uniform, season’s pass, access to instructor training, discounts on food, beverage and retail, a reciprocal pass program with other mountain resorts and an equipment bonus.
How to Apply:
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews. All international applicants must include proof of a Canadian work permit valid through April of 2024.
- Include your name, qualification and job title you are applying for.
e.g First Name, Last Name, CASI3, CSIA 1 – Lead Hand
- Please copy and paste the following to the beginning of your cover letter/email:
Valid Work Permit (if required): Y/N
Seasons of Teaching Experience:
Years of Skiing/Snowboarding Experience:
Available Start Date:
Available until Season Close: Y/N
Your resume and cover letter should be sent to:
Fall Line Ski and Snowboard School