Have you ever wanted to name a mountain or run? Well, if this urge is one you know well, you’ll love our new “name game” contest to christen our new food and fun station at Topping Creek.
Here’s the deal: For two weeks, from September 23rd to October 7th, 2022, we’ll be taking your entries for our new “baby’s” name. You can go for wild, historic, grand, ridiculous—it’s up to you—and we’ll pick our favourite when the contest closes.
To help inspire your creativity, here are a few details about the brand new hang at Topping Creek:
- At just under 1,500 square feet, this facility is comprised of two modern prefab modules with connected deck that will be dropped just up the hill, steps from the Topping Creek chair.
- Guests and locals alike will be able to use the new zone for a convenient “other base” with food, beverage, advance purchase lift ticket pickup (remote kiosk next to the Topping Chair), and a parking lot.
- Indoor/outdoor seating for up to 90 guests with incredible views of Granite peak and the original Red Mountain, home of the first chairlift in Western Canada.
- To keep RED’s fun roots alive and well, The Taco Rojo food truck that once graced the base of Grey Mountain will be built into the new base structure, with a whole new look (the name “Taco Rojo” will stay alive and well, too!).
- Check out the Press Release for all the deets.
Think you’re ready to become a part of RED’s rich history? Ladies and gentlemen, sharpen your pencils!