Weather Forecast Resources
- The Weather Network – Rossland, B.C. 14-Day Forecast/Trend
Generally a reliable source for a forecast in the region, it also shows temperature trends versus the norm.
- Snow-Forecast.com 6-day forecast for Red Mountain
Our forecast provider, snow-forecast.com has a technically detailed forecast and is tailored for Red Mountain, so another crystal ball for you weather geeks to look at!
- Weather Office High Elevation Forecast for BC
- UWash Extended MM5 Precipation (3-Hour) Forecast
Now this is where we get tricky. Instead of relying on processed forecasts, why not go to the source of the data? Most weathermen worldwide use the MM5 model to forecast their own weather reports, and this one is our favorite to look at every day. It models precipitation over the next 7 days (with decreasing accuracy), and can be very handy in predicting storms.
- UWash MM5 Surface Temperature Forecast
Just like above, but this one models temperature instead of precipitation. Figure out if that storm is gonna be cold smoke or good base-building stuff.
- Infrared Satellite Loop for Eastern Pacific
See what’s going on in the Big Storm Factory out in the Pacific Ocean. We like this one too.