Since we sent out our email on April 7th, we’ve had a few questions regarding season passes for the upcoming 2020/21 season. Below you’ll find our answers to 4 of the most common questions thus far. If you have a question that you do not see an answer to, please feel free to fill out the form at the bottom of this page and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the prior 2019/20 season, please instead email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What happens if RED doesn’t open next season or is closed part way through the season due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
In the event that the Resort is unable to open at for the 2020/21 ski season, passholders would have their season passes credited in full for the following season and not be subject to any potential price increases.
If the government were to shut down the ski industry during the ski season, we will make every effort to keep RED viable as a business and at the same time do our very best to protect all our pass holders and other guests. Whether this means refunding season passes in whole or part or offering credits towards the next season would depend on the timing of any industry shut-down.
Will RED consider extending the April 30th Early Bird deadline in light of the pandemic?
As much as we would like to defer the Early Bird pass sale until the economy has re-opened, we are not in a financial position to do so. We have significant maintenance and capital projects that must be complete between now and next season’s opening day. We believe that offering pass holders the option to spread their payment out over five months is a lesser financial burden than asking for full payment in May or even June. The terms are as follows:
- Five equal payments, interest-free, commencing with the first payment on or before April 30th (the Early Bird Season Pass deadline) and equal installments due at the end of May, June, July, and August, 2020.
- You will be notified by email a few days prior to the due date of each installment with a link provided to make your online payment.
- No season pass(es) will be issued unless each monthly installment is received on time and full payment has been received by the end of August.
- A $25.00 administration fee will be added to the entire transaction (not to each pass or other product purchased).
- If a payment is missed, participant must contact RED Mountain Resort in writing, by email, explaining why payment was missed. Such cases will be reviewed by RED with the goal of getting full payment by the end of August so the passes can be issued in the fall. There will be a $25 late payment fee per incident.
- Refunds for incomplete plan payments will be made no sooner than 30 days after the program has ended (i.e., after September 30th).
- This offer is good until April 30th, the same deadline as the Early Bird Season Pass.
What about international guests prevented from traveling to RED due to government restrictions on air travel and/or border crossings?
We are fully prepared to look at the cases of our international guests if and when it becomes clear that travel restrictions will still be in place next December. Realistically, refunding at that time of year would be a challenge but we would give credits for a future visit to RED.
What are the ways I can currently purchase my season pass?
You can still buy your 2020/21 season pass online, by phone (250-362-7384 ext. 201) or by mail using a cheque or credit card number. (Please don’t mail cash.) If your only method of payment is by debit card or cash, RED’s Guest Services will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday until April 30th. Please observe all social distancing and hand sanitizing protocols if you must buy in person. You can download the application online here.