Join RED’s Volunteer Patrol Team
Work with an amazing team of hard working professionals keeping our community safe
RED Mountain Resort’s Snow Patrol Team is looking for passionate, community driven individuals to join our Volunteer Patrol Team for the 2022/23 winter season. If you are a proficient skier or snowboarder with the appropriate First Aid Certification and are looking for a way to spend even more time on the hill this season, the Volunteer Patrol Team is the place for you. Make new lifelong friends while keeping the ski hill safe for our community.
- Certified level 3 First Aid (PEAK OUTDOOR EMERGENCY RESPONSE NUEC3 (PREFERED) OR WORKSAFEBC OCCUPATIONAL FIRST AID LEVEL 3)
- Must be a compassionate caring individual
- Proficient and safe skier or snowboarder
- Must have good observation and safety mitigation skills
- Must have continued interest in the skiing community at RED
- Opening Runs before public and sweeping the mountain at the end of the day
- Providing first aid and mountain transport of injured parties with RED’s Professional Patrol
- Assist Professional Patrol with ongoing mountain operation (ie. lost guest searches) as needed
- Terrain familiarization, ski and ride all that RED has to offer
- Volunteer Patrol will be scheduled to a mountain (Red, Granite or Grey) for the day
- Follow the RED Mountain Employees Manual and RED’s Safety Policies.
- Be available either one week day every week of operation or every other weekend all season
- Complimentary RED Season Pass
- Opportunities to practice avalanche rescue and rope rescue skills
- Lifelong friendships
- PLUS: Knowledge of secret powder stashes
How To Apply
Please send your application to Louis Lajoie, Volunteer Patrol Coordinator, at email@example.com.