ROSSLAND, B.C. – RED Mountain Resort is pleased to announce that the resort will be open for the season on December 17th, 2011. RED’s guests will enjoy some new or improved experiences:
- Piste Off Supply Company is a new retail store at RED and it carries The North Face, Orage, Burton, Smith, Von Zipper, Electric Visual and other top brand names. It is located ground level, outside of Guest Services
- Keen Coffee has moved from the ground level to the Conference room on the second floor of the daylodge.
- High Performance Rentals has moved from the rentals to the space adjacent to the ticketing windows (formerly Keen Coffee) and will offer performance skis from Blizzard, K2 and Salomon.
- Snowsports is offering a number of Holiday camps to keep the kids busy during the season as well as 10 week programs to help the kids improve their skills on the slopes while having a blast. Check out www.redresort.com/school for more details.
- New ice rink will be located on the plateau between Slalom Creek and Silverlode chairlift. It will be complete with a fire pit and is open daily till 9pm.
- Summer grooming occurred on a variety of runs on Granite mountain. Look for improved tree skiing around the mountain.
Also, RED’s Vertical Value card is on sale again this year for a limited time (till December 20th), with Adult ($79), Youth ($65), Junior ($39) and Senior ($55) categories. The cards will continue to offer 2 free days and discounts on other days. For more information or to purchase, call 1-800-663-0105, visit Guest Services or purchase online at www.redresort.com/vv.
– 30 –