RED Mountain is looking for a passionate and experienced event assistant to support the RED Mountain events team. This position works alongside RED Mountain’s Events Coordinator and Events Manager to assist in planning, organizing and executing all RED Mountain events throughout the winter season. Assisting in the delivery of all events from start to finish with the highest level of production, branding and organization. The selected candidate will report to the events Coordinator and have weekly check-ins with the Events Manager.
This position reports directly to the Event Coordinator and will check in weekly with the Event Manager. The assistant role works directly with the event volunteer team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of all RED events
- Support the event coordinator in creating the event sheets to be distributed internally to all departments identifying a schedule of events and roles for each area
- Create monthly RED events calendars to be posted on all event boards at the resort
- Assist the coordinator with the logistic planning for third part events
- Attend pre event meeting with all RED stakeholders
- Coordinate the event volunteer team:
- Assist the event coordinator with recruitment, training and oversight of the volunteers
- Build monthly volunteer schedules
- Track volunteer hours to ensure allocated number of hours for the season are met
- Assist in volunteer coordination pre, during and post event days
- Notify the event coordinator of any volunteer concerns; performance, hours etc.
- Assist in the organization of event equipment and prizing; Prizing inventory and allocation, equipment condition, transport of equipment
- Participate in event debriefs and post event reports
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in assisting the coordination and execution of events
- Strong organizations and communication experience
- Experience managing and scheduling volunteers
- Proficient in MS Office and Google docs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Passion for the outdoors and outdoor events
- Experience with sport events
- Teamwork and leadership experience
- Experience being on social media and a confident public speaker
Physical and Other requirements:
- Must be able to work outside for up to a minimum of 8 hours in a variety of conditions.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift 50lb
- Demonstrates willingness to help and go beyond routine duties of the role
- Preferably an advanced skier or snowboarder
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to Gavin Andison, Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.