Want to be part of the awesome Lift Operations team at RED Resort? Here is your chance!
We are now hiring Lift Operators for the 2023/24 winter season. As a Lift Operator, you play a huge role in the safe and efficient operations of all RED lift systems. You are the first point of contact for many guests and provide safe, friendly and courteous service. The successful applicants will bring a positive attitude, team player mentality, and strong work ethic.
- Maintain a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with guests, co-workers and all mountain employees.
- Adhere to all operational and safety procedures, focusing on safe and efficient operation of the lifts
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining all operational aspects of the lifts including safety procedures, ramps, mazes, tool and signage
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and housekeeping standards in all areas including tool storage, load/unload areas, lift huts and guest areas
- Responsible for snow and ice removal on lift huts, ramps, and guest areas
- Show extreme awareness of the operating lift and guests at all times
- Carry out all responsibilities with a high level of professionalism
- Perform all tasks as assigned by Lift Operations Manager and/or Lead Hands
- High School Diploma
- Experience in lift operations or customer service roles is preferred
- All candidates must successfully complete the Lift Operations training and examinations.
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate with employees and guests in a clear and professional manner
- Must be able to physically perform the duties of the role including swinging chairs, shoveling heavy loads and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work outdoors and maintain high service standards during inclement weather conditions
- Must have Intermediate/Proficient ski or snowboard abilities
Skills & Abilities:
- Possess excellent employee and public relation skills and be of a naturally friendly and cooperative nature
- Mature, energetic, adaptable and dependable with the ability to take initiative and work unsupervised.
- Must be able to reason and react with quick thoughtful judgment, while remaining calm under pressure.
- Will be proficient in English, both written and spoken. Additional language skills are an asset.
- Full-time and part-time shifts are available
- Applicants must be willing to work weekends and holidays
Working at RED – your perks include:
- An awesome team and fantastic co-workers!
- Starting wage of $16.44/hour. Step Classification 1 In accordance with the USW collective agreement, November 1st 2023.
- Individual ski pass for your first season. Spouse Ski Pass for return season FT Employees as per the USW Collective agreement.
- Discounts on everything RED has to offer from Food & Beverage, rentals, retail, lessons, daycare and more!
- Reciprocal deals at other great resorts to ski on your days off.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Keegan Pond at email@example.com by September 1st, 2023
Red Mountain Resort
Attention: Lift Operations Manager