PLEASE READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY.
Pick a day during the contest dates and enter the venue when it suits you. The venue’s right and left boundaries will be marked with bamboo & flagging tape and you must ride within the tape on either Links Line or Papoose Bowl. You can hit any feature that exists naturally within the boundaries. You must complete one continuous run with no stopping or re-hitting a feature.
Judges will be focusing on the rider’s line choice, style/technique\energy, control, fluidity, and creativeness including quality of tricks, not necessarily the quality of the video edit itself. (There will be a separate prize given to the most creative video edit).
The contest is open to local residents only, residing from within a 90km radius of RED.
For this contest, the bottom of the run will be in line with the large hump, skiers right, at the bottom of Links Line (not including it). Please look for the ShREDit “FINISH” Sign in the bottom of the Links Line bowl. You must come to an almost complete stop at the sign to indicate to the judges you are in control and your run is complete.
Click to View the Map »
Features are to remain in their natural form. No shaping, building or adjusting take-offs or landings. If you’re found to be doing so, your submission will be disqualified.
Inversions are not permitted.
- All contestants must visit Guest Services to sign a waiver before the run takes place. 17yrs and under must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Post the final video to your Instagram or Facebook account before 11:59 pm on March 23rd.
- Submitting on Facebook: If you have a private account, your specific post must be public for us to see your submission. You can see how to do so here.
- Submitting on Instagram: Your account must be public if you are submitting your video through Instagram. (Settings > Privacy)
- For your entry to be valid, the copy that goes with your post must contain:
- Your submission category (listed below under “Prizes and Categories”)
- Example: 13-15yrs Men Ski
- Tag #REDShredit @redresort @hellyhansen @blizzard @markerproducts @yessnowboards @nowbindings
- Your video must use one of these 4 pre-selected royalty-free songs provided. Accessed via this Dropbox Link
- Video can be up to, and must not exceed, 1 minute 30 seconds long.
- Your run must be one continuous run from top to bottom. Filming from third parties is allowed. The final edited run must still show the actual top to bottom run. Judges may request the original non-edited footage for review.
Waivers must be signed at Guest Services before your run. No waiver, No entry.
When skiing or riding, please follow the Alpine Responsibility Code.
Helmets are mandatory
When filming please adhere to our COVID-19 protocols, ie: no gathering on the run
PRIZES & CATEGORIES:
Videos will be reviewed by our selected Judges who will be focusing on the rider’s line choice, style/technique\energy, control, fluidity, and creativeness including quality of tricks, not necessarily the quality of the video edit itself. (There will be a separate prize given to the most creative video edit).
Prizes will be awarded for 1st place in the following:
*BEST OVERALL RUN*:
|12yr & Under
||13yr – 15yr
|Best Grom Male (Ski/Snb combined)
|Best Grom Female (Ski/Snb combined)
|| Men Snowboard
*BEST OVERALL TRICK*: All categories combined
*BEST OVERALL EDIT*: All categories combined
Blizzard Skis, YES Snowboards, NOW Bindings, Marker Helmets & Goggles, Helly Hansen soft goods.
Award Ceremony will be hosted via FB Live on Monday, March 29th, stay tuned for details.